Australian Government WHS Accreditation Scheme for the Construction Industry
WHS Accreditation Scheme
The WHS Accreditation Scheme specifies safety management requirements for builders and construction companies. Only builder and construction companies accredited under the Work Health and Safety Accreditation Scheme (the Scheme) are able to tender for significant building and construction jobs with the Australian Government.
The Scheme sets a high benchmark in managing workplace safety. Through the Scheme, the government aims to foster a new culture where work must be performed safely, as well as on budget and on time.
Read more about How to apply to the WHS Accreditation Scheme
Does your Current System Meet the Requirements of the WHS Scheme?
To obtain accreditation your business must have a safety management systems that satisfy the following criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to manage construction hazards and high-risk activities.
- Positive record in relation to workplace safety.
- Achieve consistently good on-site audit results with a particular focus on the following:
- Demonstrated senior management commitment to WHS
- Integration of safe design principles into the risk management process
- WHS consultation and communication;
- Demonstrated effective subcontractor WHS management arrangements across building and construction projects;
- Whole of project performance measurement; and
- WHS training and competency to deal with safety risks.
Not Sure Whether your System Meets the Requirements of the WHS Scheme?
If you are not sure whether your system meets the requirements, contact us today. Our ISO Global consultant will:
- Conduct a Gap Analysis of your system against the WHS scheme
- Provide you with a detailed report outlining what areas need to be addressed to achieve accreditation to the scheme.
- Assist you with making the changes so you can achieve accreditation
Don’t have a Management System?
If you don’t have a system in place, let us develop one which exactly meets your business needs, addresses the requirements of the ISO 45001 and meets the needs of the WHS scheme. ISO Global is a leading consulting company for the small to medium sized businesses. We specialise in developing Management Systems for the construction industry.
ISO Global – Extensive Experience in the Construction Industry with 100% Success
ISO Global specialises in developing Quality, Safety, Environment and Integrated Management Systems for the construction industry. Our systems cover management of sub-contractors and meet the requirements for design, construct and project management and the requirements of the OFSC Accreditation Scheme.
ISO Global has extensive experience in developing management systems for the construction industry at all levels:
- Principal Contractors
- Trades / Service Companies
ISO Global Management Systems are designed to
- Achieve certification under the ISO 9001:2015 standard
- Achieve certification under the ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety
- Achieve certification under the Environmental Management ISO 14001 standard.
- Achieve accreditation to the Government Building & Construction WHS Scheme
- Meet government and commercial organisations requirements in pre-qualification &/or tender documentation.
ISO Global has worked with clients in the construction industry at all levels, be they principal construction companies, companies who sub-contract their services or individual trades people, and in all states. We are justifiably proud of our 100% success rate of clients not only achieving but maintaining their certification.
100% success – Certification is guaranteed!
Improved operational control
We are ISO 9001 certified
User friendly systems trusted by certification bodies and auditors.
Get a system within 6-8 weeks
What our Clients Say
“ISO Global proved that the process doesn’t have to be difficult, lengthy or stressful”
“Our certification auditor described the system as “excellently done”
“Thank you and your team for the hard work and for holding our hand along the way”