ISO Certification in Australia
ISO 9001:2015 is widely used in Australia. Over 10,000 organisations of all sizes and sectors are certified to this Standard. More and more organisations are adopting ISO 9001:2015, and certification has become a regular requirement for Australian government tenders. Other ISO certification such as ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems and ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety have gained prominence and many companies go for these certifications to ensure the quality, efficiency or safety of the products or services they offer. ISO certifications are done in Australia by certification bodies who audit your processes against the requirements of these ISO standards and certify your company.
Types of ISO Certification Available in Australia
All international standards are available in Australia. However, the most commonly used are:
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management Systems
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety
- ISO 17025 Testing & Calibration for Laboratories
- ISO 27001 Information Security
- ISO 22000 HACCP Food Safety
How to Obtain ISO Certification in Australia
To obtain an ISO certification, an organization need to develop a management system for which certification needs to be obtained. For example, to achieve ISO 9001 certification, you need to establish and implement a Quality Management System. You can either hire a consultant or develop the system yourself. Once a management system is put in place, you need to engage an accredited certification body which will certify that the system that you have established meets the requirements of the standard.
What are the Costs of Obtaining ISO Certification in Australia
The cost of ISO certification can be divided into two main heads, 1) Cost of developing the management system and 2) Cost of getting certification from a Certification body.
The cost of developing a management system depends upon a number of factors including the size of your organization, complexity of the work carried out, level of systems already in place, etc. Cost may also depend on the fact whether you hire a consultant to develop your management system or you plan to do it yourself.
The cost of certification bodies also varies a lot. Certification bodies will charge you for certification audits, Surveillance audits and recertification audits. These audits are carried out in a 3-year cycle.
How to select a certification body in Australia
There are several factors that you should consider while selecting a certification body. These include:
- Cost of certification: Check the cost of certification. Certification bodies will give you cost for 3 years which will include cost of certification, surveillance audits and recertification in the 3rd Cost of certification is an important criteria to select a certification body but our experience shows that expensive Certification bodies may not necessarily provide the best in class services and may not be a good choice looking at value for money.
- Experience of the auditors in your industry: Find out if the auditors will have relevant experience in your industry.
- Accreditation of the Certification body: Ask if the Certification body is accredited and by whom. Also, be informed that Accreditation is not a mandatory requirement in many countries, it is done by choice by the certification bodies. Many reputable Certification Bodies do not go for Accreditation but follow all the required processes. In Australia, most Certification bodies are accredited by JAS-ANZ.
Another important factor that you should check is whether the Certification Body has an auditor in your state or not. This is important as you will need to bear the travel expenses which may increase your overall cost.
Do I have to Work with a Certification Body Accredited by JAS-ANZ?
JAS-ANZ (Joint Accreditation System of Australia and New Zealand) is an independent, third-party accreditation body. JAS-ANZ provides accreditation to certification bodies in Australia.
You can work with a certification body accredited by other accreditation bodies but JAS-ANZ is the recognised accreditation body in Australia. When you are certified with a certification body accredited by JAS-ANZ you will be able to use the JAS-ANZ logo.
List of Certification Bodies in Australia
A full list of Certification Bodies can be found on the JAS-ANZ website under accredited bodies, Quality Management Systems.
AUS-QUAL Pty Ltd
BSI Management systems
Compliance Australia Certification Services
International Standards Certifications
Lloyds Register Quality Assurance
QMS Certification Services
Quality Practice Accreditation
SAI Global Certification
SGS Systems Services Certification
Get Your Free Quote Now! Click Here
For more information on our ISO 9001 Quality, ISO 45001 Safety or ISO 14001 Environmental Management consulting or any of our other professional services, Call us today! 1300 88 96 49
100% success – Certification is guaranteed!
Improved operational control
We are ISO 9001 certified
User friendly systems trusted by certification bodies and auditors.
Get a system within 6-8 weeks
What our Clients Say
“ISO Global proved that the process doesn’t have to be difficult, lengthy or stressful”
“Our certification auditor described the system as “excellently done”
“Thank you and your team for the hard work and for holding our hand along the way”