ISO 45001 Migration
Date: 13 July 2023
What you Need to Know
Is migration mandatory?
ISO 45001 officially supersedes AS/NZS 4801. This means you must migrate your system to ISO 45001. The official transition period is 30 September 2021, with a final end date of 13 July 2023.
When can I migrate to ISO 45001?
You can migrate during your next:
- Surveillance audit
- Recertification audit
- At a special audit
You must migrate before 13 July 2023.
What happens if I do not migrate to ISO 45001?
Your certificate will become invalid. If you don’t migrate by the deadline, your business will be treated as a new applicant and will have to undergo another stage 1 and stage 2 certification audit.
What you Need to do
The steps to migrate your safety system:
- Book your ISO 45001 audit
- Conduct a gap analysis and identify the changes you need to implement
- Amend your system to meet the requirements of ISO 45001
- Introduce the changes in your organisation
Key differences between AS/NZS 4801 and ISO 45001
- Senior management are now responsible and accountable for the safety system and the safety of employees and can no longer delegate this responsibility.
- Additional requirements for ensuring workers participation
- Hazard identification has been extended to include the consideration of psychological hazards, including aspects such as workload and working hours, leadership and organizational culture.
- The safety system now includes the safety of subcontractors
- New requirements for documented procedures for hazard management and training
- Additional commitments that management needs to demonstrate in their Health and Safety Policy
- Management has to consider risk and opportunities to the safety system.
Our Process for Migrating your Business to ISO 45001
ISO Global is the recognized national leader in providing ISO Consulting services with consultants in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Brisbane. For two decades, our clients were certified on their first attempt with a simple, lasting system.
We helped hundreds of clients to easily migrate their safety system to ISO 45001. Our 4 steps process for system migration:
Our consultant will review your current system and identify gaps between the requirements of ISO 45001 and your system.
Our consultant will make the required changes to your current system.
We will guide you on how to implement the changes required for meeting the requirements of ISO 45001.
The certification body will conduct a certification audit of your system.
See what our Clients Say
“ISO Global Migrated our system to ISO 45001 and the transition was seamless. We successfully passed our re-certification audit thanks to ISO Global’s experience and support.”
Ken Penfold, Commercial Manager, FCS Concrete Repairs
“I regard ISO Global as highly valued business partners. ISO Global has been an invaluable partner during our journey to Certification and I trust that this partnership will continue into the future.”
Gai Strouthos, Chief Financial Officer, Premier Services
There isn’t time to ignore it.
Get started today to migrate your system to ISO 45001 on time.
100% success – Certification is guaranteed!
Improved operational control
We are ISO 9001 certified
User friendly systems trusted by certification bodies and auditors.
Get a system within 6-8 weeks
What our Clients Say
“ISO Global proved that the process doesn’t have to be difficult, lengthy or stressful”
“Our certification auditor described the system as “excellently done”
“Thank you and your team for the hard work and for holding our hand along the way”